Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Some Katy Costumes...

Hey KatyCats and Happy-Almost-Halloween!
    So, today I am writing about some of Katy's famous as well as not-so-famous crazy costumes. There are going to be a lot of pictures in this post. I will also give you ideas on how to achieve some of her awesome looks. Because Katy has so many crazy and fun outfits, I will only be talking about a few. I know, it's kind of sad, but I could go on forever about her outfits! I have to stop at some point!
    If you are looking for a Katy Perry outfit recreation, I recommend going to the website polyvore.com They have tons of cool outfit recreations and style inspirations for just about anything-and for a lot less. It's really neat and as I said, I highly recommend it.
    The first of Katy's famous outfits I want to talk about is her carousel dress. This isn't one that I think you could ever recreate. It's just too unique for that. I mean, really it's a full on carousel for a skirt. That's pretty amazing. I love all of the bright colors in the dress. It looks like there's a full carnival somehow squished into a dress. I also think that the flags coming off the dress add a nice touch.
    The next costume is from Katy's "One of the Boys" days. This is the famous fruit dress. I believe she wore this on her "Hello Katy" tour. This dress would also be difficult to recreate though I think it may be more possible than the carousel dress. I think this one would take a master seamstress though. Lots of sequins and fruit to sew on this dress! I think some of the other dresses would be easier-so let's just stick with the recreation of those, shall we? I do adore this dress though. I think it has a really cool halter top and I like that the fruit was carried into the halter top. I love the whole thing and just how fun and sparkly it is.
    This is one of my absolute total favorite Katy Perry dresses. Out of anything she has worn, this one and just 2 others make the top of my list. This dress is from her California Dreams tour. And (yay!) this is one that would be actually a little simple to recreate. All you need are some red fingerless gloves, a black wig (if needed), and a white dress. You can add the red trim very easily. Now I know, the main part of this dress is of course, the peppermints. How do you make those? Simple really. You can take some metallic paper and white paper and such and glue them onto cardboard is you want to save a TON of money. That shiny stuff is simply cellophane added onto the dress to seem like wrappers. As I said, simple and a wonderful, adorable costume. Or you can go online and find peppermint things just like these, I'm sure of it.
    This next costume is probably the easiest Katy costume to recreate. It's also my third favorite in that top 3 I mentioned earlier. This look is just totally fun and totally 80's. It really wouldn't take much to get this "T.G.I.F." look. Some crazily crimped hair, teased bangs and a skin tight neon pink shirt, lots of bracelets, and that awesome neon green bodycon skirt and you're good to go! It's a really fun look that makes you want to just party!
    Actually, I take back what I said about the peppermint dress. This dress form the "California Gurls" video is my favorite costume of hers ever. It's crazy and fun and colorful and the essence of cuteness. It's just great. Did I mention it looks delicious? This one isn't hard to recreate either, but it would be a lengthy process just getting all of that craziness onto the white top part of the dress. But personally, I think it would be worth it. It's a really cool costume and absolutely adorable. Also, if you aren't interested in putting this together yourself, there is an official costume you can buy. It's pretty cool, but not as amazing as a lot of the originals out there I have seen. In fact, this is my look for Halloween this year.
    Okay, KatyCats, I hope you have enjoyed hearing my opinions about some of Katy's great costumes and I hope I have helped you get some ideas if you want to recreate these looks.
Love you all, KatyCats, and Happy Halloween!
-Autumn the Purrfect KatyCat





No comments:

Post a Comment