Thursday, October 25, 2012

"I can't stop, don't care if I lose"

Hey KatyCats!
    So, this is another somewhat unknown Katy Perry song. This is going to be about Katy's song off the "One of the Boys" album, "Self Inflicted". At first glance, the title of this song can be a little misleading. It's actually...(wait for it) another love song! You can see the lyrics here.
    I really like this song, actually. I have since I first got the"One of the Boys" album. I actually couldn't find her inspiration for this song anywhere and there are also many different interpretations of these lyrics. Some think the song is about cutting, some think it's about an abusive relationship, and some think that it's about being in love with a person and it not working out or causing a lot of emotional turmoil. I think that it is a lot happier than that, especially considering the upbeat sound of the song itself.
    I think this song is about being so in love with someone that you would risk anything for them. It's about being so head over heels for a person that you don't care about any of the bad stuff you have to go through in the relationship-that the relationship itself is way too important to let anything get in the way of it, no matter what it costs you. I think this especially because of the lines "I'm going down in flames for you, baby you are the weapon I choose" and "With each scar there's a map that tells a story, what a souvenir of young love's like-jumping out an airplane, riding a tidal wave of an ocean of emotion, my heart rips me wide open" I really think this song is about being even "addicted" to someone you are so in love. Hence, the lyrics, "One more thing I'm addicted to." I think it's just all about an immense, intense love that you'd give up anything and everything for.

    So, I think it's safe to say that not all of us have experienced this kind of love but I think that everyone will at some point. That's how Katy relates to us in this song. But everyone interprets it differently, therefore allowing us to relate to the song individually. So, KatyCats, try to find that one person that you will do anything for because he is out there. You just have to look hard enough and you might "get a bloody knee" or a few scars along the way but in the end it will be worth it.

Love you all, KatyCats,
-Aututmn the Purrfect KatyCat

No comments:

Post a Comment