Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"But When I'm With Him..."

Hey KatyCats!
    So, this is kind of an old Katy song, and actually one of her firsts. She wrote this song by herself, before she was discovered as Katy Perry, and it's called "Thinking of You". As of June, it was labeled her lowest charting single to date. There's a video on YouTube of Katy performing this song in L.A. before she was discovered that was actually featured in her movie, "Part of Me". You can see the official music video on my music video page.
    This song is about not being over a past love. You can see the lyrics here. Maybe it was recent, maybe a love from long ago. It's about not being able to let go of someone, no matter how hard you try. It's a very sad song, and maybe even a little angry. In the song, the girl is with someone new, but still thinks about that other boy every time she's with the new one. She's just not over him yet. She still sees him as the best she could ever have, so "I guess second best is all I will know" is how she sees this new boy that she's with.
    The music video for this song is even more sad than the song itself. It's all themed in the time of World War II and it's about a girl whose lover is killed. It's kind of a montage of her memories with the boy but it also shows that she clearly still loves him and yearns for him instead of her new lover. It's really touching and dark and just really sad.
    I don't really know what the message of this song is, but I think that I will try to end this on a positive note. I guess my message is this: you CAN move on. IF you've lost someone or if you have been left by someone that you were in love with, you will move on someday. It may seem like forever and it may take a really long time, but I am sure that someday, everything will be okay again. So, don't lose hope, KatyCats.
Love you all,
-Autumn the Purrfect KatyCat

No comments:

Post a Comment