Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Don't Wanna Be "One of the Boys"...or do I?

Hey KatyCats!
    So, yes this is about Katy's song (not album) "One of the Boys". There isn't much to report on this song, since it never really got famous, but it's still a fun one. It is (obviously) off of the "One of the Boys" album considering it is the album's namesake. This is from Katy's breakout as a major artist. Now without further a due, let's get started on this song!
    The song's lyrics are here. So this is another kind of straightforward Katy song. It's about wanting to be more feminine. Katy started out as a Christian/Gospel music singer as "Katy Hudson" (her real last name). After her record label dropped her and she decided to go a different way with her career, she was pretty tomboyish! She was tomboyish during her Christian music days, also.
    I think it's pretty awesome how she was able to totally reinvent herself. That's kind of what this song is about, and maybe it's from that time in her life. She wanted to reinvent herself, so she did. And I think she's trying to tell us that anyone can. We can be more girly if we want to, or we can be just like "One of the Boys" and either way is fine! The point is to be yourself!
    So that's really it for this song! As I said, there wasn't much to this one. I may revisit it someday, but I might not. So long for now and I hope that by listening to this song, you will realize that you can be whoever you want to be!
Love you ALL, KatyCats, and remember to be true to yourselves!
-Autumn the Purrfect KatyCat



No comments:

Post a Comment