Thursday, September 6, 2012

All about Katy's "Teenage Dream"

Hey KatyCats,
    In conjunction with my great mood today, I decided to write all about Katy's album Teenage Dream.
    Teenage Dream was Katy's biggest album ever. It was bigger than her gospel record ever was, and it was far bigger than even her One of the Boys album. She had six of the songs on that album hit #1 on the charts. Those six were: Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Firework, E.T., Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F), and The One that Got Away. She was the first female artist who had more than five number one singles off of one album.  Katy became an icon because of THIS album! Later when the Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection album came out, she had two more songs hit #1. That was the recent Part of Me and Wide Awake. Wide Awake was actually the last single that will ever be released from the Teenage Dream era of Katy Perry.
   
    I think that Teenage Dream is all about showing Katy's fun and crazy side. She really stepped up her level of adorable-ness. She comments that she was "going from Shirley Temple, Betty Boop to more of a Betty Paige [sic], pop art-sarcastic-fun-Lichtenstein picture: still bright, but the colors are more saturated, and it's more metallic fuchsia or purple than bubblegum pink." I absolutely loved the "candyland" theme of her album with the candy and cake. I also loved just about every song on this album. It was filled with inspiration and lots of catchy beats and lyrics. This was my favorite album and I have loved everything about it. Though I think that the single Teenage Dream is my favorite, I love all of these songs.
    I often wonder if she will ever make a better album (and I am sure she will) but I think that Teenage Dream will always be remembered as Katy's greatest album. You know, unless she happens to make another album and have every song be a number one hit. But I think that Teenage Dream is Katy's greatest album to date.

Live your Teenage Dream KatyCats,
-Autumn the Purrfect KatyCat

No comments:

Post a Comment