Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I'm "Wide Awake"

Hey there, KatyCats!
    Due to the huge popularity of this song, I decided to blog about it! I am absolutely in love with Katy's newest song, "Wide Awake". This song for me has a very personal meaning. This song is all about waking up and realizing when you come out of a dark place that you don't want to go back. I recently went through this and this song really resonates with me. I think it's lyrics are easily relatable and the song is about realizing the truth, wether it be in a relationship or in any other part of life, it is truly about waking up and realizing that you won't make the same mistake again. This song is an example of how I want to live my life now. This song is a truly inspirational, melodic lesson of life. I simply adore it!
    I think that this song has lyrics everyone can relate to and the video is another example of how we can all relate to it. There are a lot of subtle symbols in Katy's video and in an interveiw she stated "I know exactly what that music video is. I know exactly who is directing it. I know the art direction, the people, the narrative, and I had that idea while I was writing the song".  As you watch the video and listen to the song, you realize the subtle things that were inserted into the video, such as the "Prince Charming" character crossing his fingers behind his back, and the young Katy and the old Katy coming face to face. If you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide_Awake_(Katy_Perry_song) you can read the full synopsis of the music video. It's really interesting to read and I encourage you to take a look. I think you'll be surprised at how many references to Katy's past there really are in the video.
    Everyone has been through the heartache of a person who pretends to love you and that's what this song is about. Well, the heartache making you stronger, that is! We all go through stuff like this, but coming out of the other end "Wide Awake" and ready to move on is where we truly have strength.
Stay Strong, KatyCats!
-Autumn the Purrfect KatyCat
   

No comments:

Post a Comment